At Omega Breaks we are committed to ensuring you are taken care of every step of the way, from the day you book, through to the last day of your holiday. Occasionally passengers fall ill or have an accident whilst on holiday preventing them from travelling home with the coach or on the return flight or requiring medical care when abroad. This may impact you financially, it is company policy that all our customers hold some form of travel insurance, not necessarily the insurance Omega Breaks can offer when purchasing one of our tours.
A holiday insurance scheme is available for all passengers travelling on our holidays arranged with ETI – International Travel Protection (ERV), the UK branch of Europäische Reiseverscherung AG, who are Licensed by the Bundesanstalt für Finanzdienstleistungsaufsicht (BAFIN – www.ba n.de) and approved by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA – www.fca.org. uk) to undertake insurance business in the UK. Should you wish to take advantage of this holiday insurance please include the appropriate premium when booking your holiday.
Single Trip Premiums
||EUROPE, IOM, CI
Do you go on more than one holiday a year?
If so, we are able to offer you an annual insurance policy covering you for 12 months of unlimited travel within the UK and Europe, providing you are aged 74 or under at the time of purchase and depending on which premium best suits your needs. Subject to terms and conditions this policy covers an unlimited number of holidays taken with any travel provider and is not just restricted to holidays with Omega Breaks. Please note that cover is only available for the whole duration of a booked trip to a maximum of 31 consecutive days and that all UK trips must have at least one night’s stay in pre-booked accommodation. To find out what the policy covers, please see the summary of benefits table. A copy of the policy wording is available from us on request.
Annual multi-trip premiums
||EUROPE, IOM, CI
|Up to 74 years
Single and annual multi-trip premiums are inclusive of 20% Insurance Premium Tax.
Demands and needs
This insurance policy will suit the Demands and Needs of an individual or group (where applicable) who have no excluded pre-existing medical conditions, are travelling in countries included within the policy terms and who wish to insure themselves against unforeseen events detailed in the cover section below. Subject to the terms, conditions and maximum specified claim limits.
We will not provide you with advice about the suitability of this product for your individual needs but will be happy to provide you with factual information.
We summarise below the details of the insurance cover provided which also includes 24-hour emergency service from Towergate Assistance. The following is a brief summary of the cover available. Full details of the cover, conditions and exclusions will be forwarded with your confirmation of booking. In any event you may ask for a specimen copy of the policy wording before booking should you wish to examine this in advance.
|Section of Cover
||Maximum Sums Insured and / or Benefits Per Person
||Maximum Excess Per Person
- £15 Loss of deposit and cancellation for trips up to 3-days
- £15 Loss of Deposit trips over 3-days
- £65 Cancellation trips over 3-days
- £250 Cancellation trips over 3-days costing between £5,000 and £7,500
- £60 (£20 after 12-hours and then £10 for each subsequent 12-hours delay) Delayed Travel
- £7,500 (after a delay of 12-hours or more) Holiday Abandonment
- Nil Delayed Travel
- £15 Holiday Abandonment trips up to
- £65 Holiday Abandonment trips over
- £250 Holiday Abandonment trips over 3-days costing between £5,000 and £7,500
- £100 England, Scotland & Wales
- £300 Northern Ireland, Isles of Scilly, Isle of Man, Channel Islands, Republic of Ireland & Europe
||£15,000 (subject to age)
|Medical & Other Expenses
||£5,000,000 in all, sub-limited to:
- £350 Emergency Dental Expenses
- £1,500 Additional Accommodation & Repatriation / Travel Expenses (UK)
- £1,000 (UK) / £2,500 (Non-UK) Local Funeral Expenses
- £100 Essential Telephone Calls & Taxi Fares
- £15 trips up to 3-days Curtailment
- £65 trips over 3-days Curtailment
- £250 Curtailment trips over 3-days costing between £5,000 and £7,500
- £65 Additional Accommodation, Repatriation & Travel Expenses (UK)
- £90 Medical & Other Expenses (Non-UK)
(including Confinement to Cabin)
- £100 (£10 per 24-hours) UK
- £450 (£15 per 24-hours) Non-UK
|Baggage (Including Personal Money)
||£1,500 in all, but sub-limited to:
- £200 Single Article Limit
- £200 in all Valuables
- £200 Personal Money
- £100 Delayed Baggage (after delay of 12-hours or more)
- Nil Delayed Baggage
- £65 Baggage & Personal Money
|Loss of Passport and / or Visa Exspenses
Please note this policy is only available to residents of the United Kingdom. The definition of residents of the United Kingdom is any person who is staying in or has lived in the United Kingdom for more than 12 months, or if studying or working in the United Kingdom for more than 6 months.
You must be able to comply with the following conditions to have the full protection of your policy. If you do not comply we may refuse to deal with any relevant claim or reduce the amount of any relevant claim payment.
If you are travelling within England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland or the Isles of Scilly you are not required to declare your medical conditions. However to be covered for any medical conditions you have or have had, you must be able to answer NO to questions 1. to 4. and YES to questions 5. and 6. a) and b) below:
- Are you aware of any reason why the trip could be cancelled or cut short (such as the health of a close relative)?
- are not travelling:
a) against the advise of a medical practitioner, or
b) for the purpose of obtaining medical treatment?
- Have you been given a terminal prognosis?
- Are you receiving or awaiting treatment for any bodily injury, illness or disease as a hospital day case or in-patient?
- If you are on prescribed medication, are your medical condition(s) stable and well controlled?
- If you suffer from stress, anxiety, depression or any other mental or nervous disorder, have you received written confirmation (at your cost) that you are fit enough to take this trip by either:
a) a registered mental health professional (if you are under the care of a Community Mental Health Team), or
b) a consultant specialising in the relevant field?
If you are travelling outside of England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland or the Isles of Scilly you must telephone MediScreen on 0344 892 1698 if anyone to be covered by this policy, or any person upon whose health the trip depends:
- as any medical condition which falls into any of the following categories which you have, or have had and for which you:
a) have received, or are waiting to receive, treatment (including surgery, tests or investigations) or
b) are taking or have been taking prescribed drugs or medication within the last 5 years:
• Respiratory condition (any condition relating to the lungs
• Cardiovascular condition (any condition relating to the heart, arteries, veins or blood pressure)
• Crohn's disease
• Any cancer or malignant condition
• High cholesterol
2. Has or has had any other medical condition for which you have been prescribed drugs or medication or for which you have received, or are waiting to receive, treatment (including surgery, tests or investigations) within the last 2 years.
MediScreen's office hours are 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday excluding Bank Holidays.
PLEASE NOTE: You must also notify MediScreen immediately of any changes in medical circumstances arising between the date the policy is issued and the time of departure for the trip. You may have to pay an additional premium to cover your medical conditions. This applies to all destinations.
SIGNIFICANT OR UNUSUAL LIMITATIONS OR WHAT IS NOT COVERED:
- The cover under this policy is only available to United Kingdom residents for travel to and from the United Kingdom and repatriation will be to the United Kingdom only.
- Cover is only available for the whole duration of a booked trip to a maximum 70 consecutive days (single trip policy) or to a maximum of 31 consecutive days (annual multi trip policy), and cover cannot be purchased once a trip has already begun.
- The excess amount deductible from a claim applies to each and every claim, per incident claimed for, under certain sections by each insured person.
- If your money, valuables, any items of baggage, your passport or visa are lost or stolen, you must notify the local Police within 24 hours of discovery or as soon as possible thereafter. Please make sure you get a copy of the Police report. Failure to comply may result in your claim being rejected or the amount of any relevant claim reduced.
- You are not covered for valuables, your passport or visa if left unattended at any time (including in a vehicle, in checked in luggage or while in the custody of a carrier, tour operator or public transport operator) unless deposited in a hotel safe, safety deposit box or left in your locked accommodation.
- Stolen property: You are not covered for baggage stolen from:
an unattended coach/bus unless it was locked in the luggage compartment of the coach/bus and evidence of force or violent entry to the vehicle is available, or the passenger compartment of any unattended vehicle.
Examples of these and other conditions and exclusions are contained within the policy wording, a specimen copy of which is available upon request. If after purchasing a policy from us should you find it does not meet your requirements, you have 14 days from the date of receipt of the policy documents to cancel the policy and receive a full refund of your premium.
Omega Holidays Limited is an Appointed Representative of ITC Compliance Limited who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (their firm reference is 313486) and which is permitted to advise on and arrange general insurance contracts.
Please note that prices are correct at the time of our brochure going to print in December 2017.
The insurance policy documents are below and can be downloaded in PDF format. If you cannot open these files you may need to install Adobe PDF Reader.
Please be careful when viewing the polices below and ensure you are reading the policy that you have purchased or considering purchasing. Please contact Just Go Holidays if in any doubt.
If you purchased your insurance policy ON OR AFTER 7th December 2017 please refer to the following documents:
back to top
Main Scheme Policy
Annual Insurance Policy
Status Disclosure Information
If you purchased your insurance policy BEFORE 7th December 2017 please refer to the following documents:
Main Scheme Policy
Status Disclosure Information